Nepal is a land locked country. Although small, the country attracts huge amount of tourists every year. Tourism is the main foreign currency earning sector of Nepal. Below is given ten reasons why you should visit Nepal:
1) Out of the ten highest mountains of the world, seven is situated in Nepal.
2) Nepal is rich in natural diversity. The total land area of Nepal is 147,181square kilometer. There are flat lands, hilly regions and mountains. Not many small countries offer such diverse landscape. On the north there are the Himalyas, on the south flat lands with greeneries, and in between are the hilly regions.
3) If you are looking for adventure then Nepal has got just the right thing for you. For example, you can do mountain trekking and biking, paragliding, ultra light flights, bungee jumping, rock climbing, adventure treks, caving, canyon swings, Himalayan motorcycle tours and so on. Rafting in the Trisuli, the Kali Gandaki, and the Marsyangdi rivers is not a child’s play.
4) If you enjoy watching wild life and flora and fauna then Nepal has ten national parks. It has also resorts situated in the forest. The one horned rhino and great Royal Bengal Tigers are found in Nepal.
5) If you are a traveler looking for enlightenment and spiritualism then you can visit the Buddhist monasteries and blessed by the monks. Buddhism and Hinduism are the two main religions of Nepal. You can visit Lumbini, which is the birth place of Lord Buddha.
6) Nepal has all the facilities for Western travelers. In the capital of Kathmandu, there are bars, taverns, nightclubs and various other attractions. In addition, various international festivals are also held in Nepal.
7) Golfing is another great attraction of Nepal. Most of the golf courses are situated by the hill side in Kathmandu and Pokhara valleys. These golf courses are designed in European and American style.
8) All kinds of hotels, from one start to five stars are available in Nepal. If you are thinking about travel expense, then you do not need to worry at all. Nepal tourism has facilities for all kinds of people. You can go to Hotel Nepal.com for detail information.
9) Nepalist tourism agencies provide various kinds of tourism for couples and families and for individual travelers.
10) Last but not the least, shopping in Nepal can be fun. There are many tourist shops in Kathmandu where one can find jewelries, handmade or painted pictures and a wide range of handicrafts. In addition, there are village shops where you can find various products made by local craftsmen.